Thursday, September 25, 2008

loves it <3

i really don't want to sound all neiner-neiner-neiner,
but i'm about to.

i love the civic hybrid! yesterday after work when this was taken it actually said 43.0 - but since the engine was running in park while i got my camera out to take this picture, it dropped. oh well. it's still a nice number to see, regardless. especially with the way gas is in charlotte right now. i wish i could find a slick way to take a picture of the long lines of cars snaked around the gas stations that still have some gas left to give, but i can't. i guess there are rumors of a pipe taking a long time to get working again? something like that. i have about 1/2 tank in the hybrid, and 3/4 of a tank in the mazda - so hopefully by early next week we'll have some gas again. husband & i are planning a thrilling weekend of staying at home (hooray!) to conserve fuel.

husband is a wonderful, wonderful creature. the other day, husband and i were partaking in our very first harris teeter triples experience, and we decided to do our shopping at an HT we hadn't visited in a while. it was closer to our old apartment, but we now have one down the street from our house (on what we call, grocery store row - since there's one every two feet). upon pulling in the parking lot to this HT, husband told me how that particular location made him happy - just being there. thinking someone surely switched my husband's brain with a stepford wife's operating system i asked him what on earth he was talking about. he said that back in his days of working third shift, this was where he used to stop on his way home from work to buy me flowers. he still gives me flowers quite often, but it was like a marathon during his 3rd shift days. he ended the trip down memory lane by saying something like "remember how cute i used to be to you?". i laughed at him and told him he was still insanely cute, if he only knew how crappy some men were to their loved ones. thinking this was just a random snippet of conversation, i filed it away under my "he's a sweetie" memories, and the end. only a few days later, he went to get a haircut, and came home with a beautiful gerbera daisy plant. poor thing guilted himself into blessing me with flowers again. i was so thrilled with this, because 1) i love gerbera daisies and he's a doll for remembering they were in our wedding and 2) it's an actual living plant. so instead of a oooh how pretty 5-7 days ending in trashing a crispy brown flower skeleton, it will be blooming all sorts of lovelies for me as long as i keep it alive. which, will be a challenge...but i will do my best!

in the name of all things sweet and mushy, here is my version of heaven. the two loves of my life, snuggled and cute in the same spot - just begging to be smothered in my smooches. if i had been done baking my baby cake i would have put him in husband's arms and it would have been sheer perfection. perhaps a photo-op for another day. if my kitty doesn't hate my baby, anyway. and he might, because he fears all living things that aren't husband & me.

um, i'm probably going to be back to go on & on about my grey's theories for tonight, but i have to do some actual work being that i'm at work. stupid work, always gettin in the way!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I wish I had your Civic right now....or even your Mazda! My tank's on E and of the two gas stations closest to us, one is out and the other one had some mad crazy lines last night. Once I get the kids down for naps, I'm going to call around and see if anyone's got a tanker in, because I can't exactly go driving all over creation looking for a station that not only has gas, but also doesn't have insane lines.