Sunday, September 28, 2008

martha "mrsLicky" stewart.

i'm not ready for it to be 6pm on sunday. i'm just....not.

i want to start my SAHM gig and be done with the next 3 months of 40 hour work weeks, gir!

i feel very domestic. let's see. friday i scrapbooked & organized my scrapbooking, in true martha stewart fashion. saturday i detail-scrubbed my kitchen. i love my husband (i do i do i do) and he has picked up all of my "pregnancy-makes-me-lethargic" slack, but it's incredible how good this house can look when i do the cleaning instead. for reeeeal. this morning i clipped coupons, researched deals at every grocery & drug store in the area, made a spreadsheet of all my coupons, and went shopping. we stocked up on tons of supplies at BJ's, and they'll probably last us well through goop's birth. when we came home...i had a quick snack, updated my spreadsheet, and went to lowe's to get the rest of what we needed. and when i got home? i read the paper. and then...i updated my coupon spreadsheet, again, as well as made a new spreadsheet to track my savings every week.

am i, a nerd, or what.

you know what i'm most excited about? i got a bottle of franks hot sauce (aka, the best stuff everrrr) for $.16! can you believe that crap? i have yet to experience the wonderful world of overages when it comes to couponing (i'm such a newbie)...so this $.16 excites me. last weekend i got taco seasonings for $.15 each. small accomplishments! BUT, they are the motivations that make me do things like...spend 2 hours researching the best deals. it's freakin' addicting!

i'm about to sound even lamer. i'm going to spend the next 2-3 hours doing laundry, cleaning up the bedroom, making sure the kitchen is still in order...and scrapbooking until bed time.

i so have this SAHM thing in the bag :)

accomplishments of the day:
1. i bought husband a 6 pack of sam adams octoberfest (he's totally in love) because i knew he only had 2 bottles left...and being football day i thought he might need more. he was SO excited when i got home (you would have thought it was christmas or something), and he wouldn't stop saying, "now THAT is a good wife" and giving me kisses :)
2. i didn't get ID'ed for the beer, for the first time in....hmm, ever? i look young for my age as it is, and it's just a given. i always have my license out & at the ready. what i find hilarious, is that it's probably my preggo belly that pushes me over the "she looks too young" threshold...aaand i can't even drink the stuff.
3. $.16 for franks, whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Case said...

haha, lame ;)
but so cute.
<3

Stacy said...

I spent aaaaallll morning going through my coupons and making my lists. And writing down prices off of the HT Express Lane site. And going through ads. And going through coupons again. My binder is SO wrecked from triples, but I just don't have the energy to get it straightened back out. Sleep deprivation will do that to ya.

And is it weird that when I saw the cases of Sam Adams at HT, I thought of you and Matt? :P