Monday, October 20, 2008

oh purple!

purple is my faaavorite for fall & winter. i love it. just, LOVE it.

(don't mind the kitty - he always sneaks into pictures when the camera is out)

last october, when the weather started getting cooler - i loved it so much i painted my bathroom purple. i prettied it up with a nicole miller damask shower curtain, white pillar candles, white shabby chic accessories, and new black & white fingertip towels. i've since added a few things, and i have just recently picked some black & white flower photos i've taken & put in black frames. they haven't made it to the wall yet, but they're waiting patiently for my motivation.

this year...i want to cover my ever-expanding body in it. i wish i could. but, i'm conserving money. i did buy a long sleeved maternity shirt in my favorite cool weather shade, but being that my belly is growing so insanely large i can classify it as a necessity.

really though? i really want a purple purse. bad. i almost dropped $17 on a purple wallet at kohl's yesterday. i still...may go back and get it, or order it online, if i'm taunted enough. but i thought, save the $17 and get a purse so i can see the purpliciousness more than just when i need to pay for something. i've been drooling this morning. which one would you splurge your monies on?

1.


2.



3.



4.


5.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your style. I remember when you did that bathroom re-do. I love purple and I'm also really loving the damask pattern right now! I think personally I'd splurge on purse #3 :)

mrsSmitty said...

I vote for #1 or #5...both are equally sexy in my opinion.



PS. I have a purple purse, I thought you should know lol.

Stacy said...

Hmm. I'm not a huge purse person (probably because a simple purse comes nowhere near being able to hold what I have to carry most days), but if I had to pick one, I'd say #2.

alyssa said...

Ohhh, I have loved purple forever! My room when I was a kid was lavender :) I told my boyfriend that I wanted to paint our guest bathroom purple and I got the big N-O on that, LOL. I'd love to see yours! But my "craft" room is actually purple already!

I have been looking for an awesome purple purse!!!!! I'm going to go look for that now...thanks! Hah!

mrsSmitty said...

Can I double vote??


Because I'm totally double voting for 1 and 5...I can't choose though, I think you should get both and send me whichever one you don't want ;)


Loooove you.

alyssa said...

PS, where is the last purse from? I love!

.jimaie.marie. said...

ok, i'll be honest i hate the color purple but lately it has been invading me from every corner and i MIGHT, shhhh, actually be starting to enjoy it!! Aaa!! i am in LOVE with that last purse, it is gorgeous! it def gets my vote.
and your bathroom? omg! i love it so much. keyyyyute.

Anonymous said...

I love that bathroom!

I vote for #5.

(I am delurking by the way!)