Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ARE you kidding me.

here's a little diddy about the constant outpouring of cash from my home.

i told you all about the mold room, correct? that's going to be about $1,000 out of pocket when they finish their stupid work. the same time the mold construction started, we had to get our gutters cleaned. charlotte suddenly decided rain was cool and started pouring it over our over-stuffed gutters & rolling off the side of our house. not cool. within a few days, the windshield on my car grew a massive crack. too big to be filled. north carolina, in their total awesomeness, does not cover glass in their insurance policies. sweet. i also i had to buy a crib for the fetus i'm growing.

let's recap.

mold room - $1,000
gutters - $125
windshield - $255
crib - $200

total wallet raping - $1580

sweet right? well guess what. yesterday within 10 seconds of my commute on the thruway, a massive rock shot out of.....i don't know, someone throwing massive rocks from a bridge? flying out from a dump truck? all plausible - but it looked to me like it came straight down from heaven like a mini meteor with my car's name on it. SMACK in the middle of my windshield. where there is now, a lovely crater, in my 4 week old windshield.

what, the, hell, murphy's law. i'm about sick of you.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

Aggghh, that happened to my windshield! Oh, um, and there's still that little crack there..it's about the size of a dime so I'm just ignoring it for the time being :O Ugghh all that money at once, no good.