Friday, October 3, 2008

3 cheers for slacking!

i declare this, slacker day.

usually my friday mornings go like this. sleep in (as in 7am...since my usual alarm goes off at 5am), take a ride to dunkin with hubby & get a decaf iced mocha latte. upon arriving back a la casa de licky's, husband gets to work (he works from home, usually) and i take in a little regis & kelly. (there was an episode a few weeks ago i still can't stop laughing about. david duchovny was guest-hosting [before his sex addiction rehab business] and they did the trivia crap they always do. the caller was from a place called effingham, illinios. david asked her if it was effinghot there. ha, yeah...i'm lame). once that's over, or when my ADD kicks in (whichever comes first) i relocate to my "scrapbooking area"* and scrap, scrap, scrap.

*right now, it's a pile of my supplies in our bedroom, arranged in a semi-circle behind where husband works, and i sit in front of said supplies. on the floor.

i totally get the award for most parenthetical side notes in one paragraph.

on this friday morning, however, i am at work. how dare my employers rain on my friday parade!!! it's not their fault, really. we switched to four 10 hour days not long ago, and forgot to tell our certification auditor. i work at a steel factory (i do a girly job, don't go picturing me in a jumpsuit tossing rebar around). there's some kind of certification (iso...something) that puts you at a "better" level. kind of like a college being accredited or not. he does these audits 2-4 times a year, where he tracks our processes and such. in the 2 years i've worked here, the man hasn't so much as acknowledged my presence - but since i'm in a different department this time around, he may. so i might get a little badgering...i might not. it's yet to be seen.

in the mean time, slacking, whoooo!

on my way into work this morning, i saw husband's dream car. he has this thing for corvettes...and there's actually a certain year he's obsessed with but you know, it's man speak. i don't remember these things. anyway, his father had one when husband was a kid. it was this ugly, pukey, beige color. apparently "ugly" was the thing to be in the 70's. this was a rare color, and from what i hear it's pretty well hunted. husband has a strange obsession with it, and can be caught googling for one at any given moment. he even used a picture of one for sale on ebay as our desktop background on the lap top. boooys. anyway, i saw that car....and i knew that he would be highly jealous if i just said "hey hubs, i saw your car on my way to work this morning" - so graceful me stumbled through my bottomless pit of a purse, pulled out my camera, and snapped a picture. going 70mph. that's talent. safe? no. probably the dumbest thing i've done in a long time. and as you can see, my photography skills at such a speed are not exactly "good".

i did get a slightly "better" picture - aka, not crooked. but my flash refused to go off this time and you can't see crap. but, whatev. his license plate says "peewee08". hmm. interesting. there are so many things that could mean.


this picture....is my smile of the day. there has been one way in which this pregnancy has been nice to my body (instead of ravaging it like it has to the rest of me). my nails grow! anyone who knows me in real life will know....i have the worst nails in history. ever! for serious - horrible, horrible. but look at those puppies! husband asked me to scratch his back the other day and he exclaimed, "omg! you have girl nails!". yes, yes i do :)

oh! OOOOH! oh-oh-oh. my fellow charlotteans, have you heard the good news? lowes foods, triples next week? oh my gooosh. i thought i was going to have to wait months before i could try out my new found couponing obsession on a full-effort triples experience, but here it is!! and the best part, lowes is the very grocery store i have around the corner from my house. i just hope that all the domestic goddesses from charlotte mommies that are living in highland creek don't clear the place out! considering, they are far more skilled than i am. i figure i will take a trip wednesday night, and then probably another 1 or 2 on friday when people are working. ooh yay, i'm so excited to get the sunday paper and plot out my purchases.

seriously, i'm getting lamer by the day.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm not even bothering with Lowes triples - there's not one close enough to me to really make it worth it. And rumor has it that HT will be doing triples again next month, so I'm just gonna relax until then.

Anonymous said...

I tend to bust out the camera at inappropriate times sometimes haha